Thursday, April 7, 2011

Feedback: Japan Food Hour: Tofu Umegae Mochi

Looking at Sheila's post, I began to feel tempted with making one myself! Refer to her post for the recipe. Here's my bunch of pictures! XD


I've chosen Japanese pressed tofu over silken tofu because the tofu flavor is richer. Chocolate chip and toffee bits(which then became caramel) as filling.
PS: I'm staying in dorm, so I have to cook in my room. Hence the background with LCD. xD


Tofu tofu~


Rolled into individual serving before putting in fillings


Pre-test! XDDDD nyom nyom nyom chocooo


Looks like scallop isn't it? xD


Final product! Tadah~
The top 2 are with Milk Chocolate filling and bottom 2 are with Caramel filling. <3 Personally I like both in their own way.



If you're planning to try making the one with caramel filling, please do not warp the filling in if you're not cooking it as soon as you made it. The filling will melt inside the uncooked mochi. >_< My toffee melted into water puddle before I can manage to cook it. T_T
Not very pretty but it taste good! =D

Good luck in trying!
I hope you enjoy the recipe as well!

Have a nice day~

With love,
Aiko

No comments:

Post a Comment