Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Milk Longan Pudding / Agar Agar

LONGAN LONGAN LONGAN LONGAN! My craving just wont stop! Lol.
Another craving of the week, milk longan pudding! <3
It's been years since I had it. My aunt used to make it last time and I love it! Sadly she just don't make them anymore. =3=

It's really easy to make and very less time is needed! I highly recommend to try it!

Recipe adapted from Jiayeen

Ingredients:

* 1500ml Water
* 1/2 packet Agar-agar Strips
* 150g Caster Sugar
* 3 leaves Pandan Leaf
* 1 tin Longan in Heavy Syrup
* 1 tin "Carnation" Evaporated Creamer
* Plastic container with cover

Method:

1. Place water, agar-agar strips, caster sugar & pandan leaves in a pot, bring to boil. Turn off the fire & remove pandan leaves.

2. Pour in longan syrup & evaporated Creamer, stir well. Leave to cool.
^Don't leave it cool! The mixture will solidify at room temperature.

3. Apportion 1 tin of longan fruit into the mini-containers & pour in the agar-agar mixture.



I've left pandan leaves out of my pudding because I've forgotten to bring it back from my house.. XD

Remember to boil the agar agar strips till it melt thoroughly~

Let the mixture cool under a fan for about 10minute before putting it into the container. Not too long! Because it will solidify at room temperature! Leave it continue cooling down to room temperature in the container then put it into the fridge.

Tadah~ The ugly one that I kept it for myself. XD


The pretty one for my friend


It is pretty important to pick, or more like lucky draw on a can of good canned longan. The can I bought wasn't made with fresher longan. Although it is canned, but sometime it really depends on your luck in getting a good or bad batch of it. Good ones will have similar crisp with fresh longan and bad ones are similar with lychee. Not really that bad but I didn't quite like the texture of bad longan. D=

I was really afraid if the pudding didn't turn out well because the canned longan tasted a little sour. I'm glad it didn't! I personally prefer a creamier taste, so probably I'll try with 1 and a half can of evaporated milk next time. =D

Enjoy!

Good luck in trying!
I hope you enjoyed the recipe as well. ^_^

With love,
Aiko

No comments:

Post a Comment