Friday, June 1, 2012

Blueberry Crumble Muffin

Hello Hello! Okay, It's been ages since I've last updated.

Have been busy with work and trying to take food tutorial videos with all the testing and all, hahaha!

I came across this recipe from a cookbook, Okashi, by a Japanese lady who bakes wonderful goodies, from cookies to cakes to even pet treats! Yay! And also the cravings for muffins has been nagging at me for quite a long while so I decided to give this recipe a go.


Oven: 180C, Middle Shelf/Rack

Ingredients:
------------------
Crumble:
20g Cold Butter
20g Top Flour/Pastry Flour
20g Caster Sugar

(I doubled my quantity to make more, but here's for 6 muffins)
Muffin:
120g Top flour/Pastry flour, sifted twice
1 tsp baking powder
50g Butter
40g Brown Sugar
30g Caster Sugar
1 Egg
60ml cold milk
100g Blueberries

Instructions! (For some reason, this reminds me of an arcade game, Bishi Bashi, Eng Ver. :3)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And YES! I made a video of it all! hahaha!

To make the crumble:
1. Rub the cold butter into the flour and sugar mixture.
2. Chill the crumble in the fridge.

Muffin!
1. Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until it turns creamy and pale brown
2. Beat in the eggs and mix well
3. Fold in the flour and milk alternately, starting with flour then milk, in batches. (start with flour and end with flour)
4. Fold in your blueberries!
5. Spoon your batter into lined cupcake/muffin tray and sprinkle the crumble over the batter.
6. Pop them babies into a pre-heated oven @ 180C, and bake for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, bring the babies out to cool.

Enjoy your muffin with a cup of milk, tea, coffee or anything that you like to drink with your bakes.


Actually, I've made a few bake videos already but I didn't have the free to really upload and post it here. I'll try to update as much as possible! :DD

With Much Love,
Sheila <3

No comments:

Post a Comment